cegecom in a nutshell
- A fibre-optic network of more than 1,500 kilometres across Luxembourg and the Greater Region
- About 200 Pops (Points of Presence)
- A Network Operation Centre (NOC) with three integrated systems
- More than 1,000 business clients in various sectors of activity
- 60 million minutes of phone calls switched by month
ISO 9001 quality management, ISO 14001 environmental management and ISO 27001 information security management certifications
Integrated network management
With its ultramodern equipment and via its Network Operation Centre (NOC), cegecom benefits from an integrated network management on client sites: remote surveillance and control, 24/7 throughout the year.
The Network Operation Centre and its three integrated systems:
- Element management systems (EMS) and network management systems (NMS): management of configuration issues and network performances;
- System for processing planned activities and malfunctions: with a data base (customer stations, contact people, service providers, contracts). It also controls reaction times defined in a “Service Level Agreement” (SLA);
- Documentation on connections and data transmission distances via an IT system: with a series of specific applications enhancing the integrated management applications of the cegecom network.
Oriented to Luxembourg and the Greater Region, cegecom has, for this reason, a national network and international networks.
The cegecom national network
Unique in Luxembourg, the cegecom national network is different from the one of the incumbent operator. It relies on fibre-optic technology, offering a secure and cost-effective alternative for all telecommunications services.
The cegecom international networks
cegecom has a large number of interconnections with renowned regional partners, guaranteeing free access to their network resources.
cegecom also has interconnections with national and international operators, as well as a strong presence in data centres to extend interconnections.